26 Jun Job Opening: Retail/Commercial Designer Sales Consultant
Creative Tile Retail/Commercial Designer Sales Consultant
Creative Tile is looking to add a well-rounded design sales consultant to join our showroom sales team. This position requires superior relationship building skills, excellent communication skills, self-motivation, and the ability to learn quickly and inspire customers while creating “Beautiful Rooms From Start To Finish”.
This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated individual who is passionate about delivering creative solutions to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations in a collaborative team environment. You’ll rely on your education and skills while learning new skills that take Creative Tile and your career forward.
On any given day, you’ll be working directly with customers, interior designers and contractors to create tile design solutions using your expertise in home décor and the residential and commercial construction industries. Additionally, you’ll be fielding various requests and inquiries from customers, vendors and other team members. You’ll help to maintain the cleanliness and layout of the showroom, assist with in-store and off-site events & programs, and manage multiple tasks & work activities simultaneously – using initiative and judgment within established guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, marketing or equivalent is preferred.
- A proven sales track record with exposure to the tile and stone industry or new home construction is strongly preferred.
- Strong time management skills; ability to self-motivate; excellent organizational skills; solid computer and systems skills.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented; ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
Any offer for employment is conditioned upon the results of pre-employment drug/alcohol/physical screening and background check.
- Proactively greet customers professionally
- Develop lasting customer relationships by treating customers with courtesy
- Conduct follow-up customer communication
- Sell tile and related products to exceed customer expectations
- Understand installation and use of all products to educate customers
- Understand and track established individual sales goals
- Track store orders and provide customers with product updates
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Work evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic with a drive to exceed expectations
- Excellent people person
- Work well in a fast paced, commission sales environment
- Open to learning and growing independently and from feedback
- Work well under high pressure, ability to multi task
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Sense of Design: various styles, colors, and textures
- Associates Degree or higher, preferred not required
- Basic mathematical and computer skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Great Pay and Exceptional Training
- Individual Career Growth Opportunities
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Challenging & rewarding professional work environment